Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Out of the Mouth's of Babes

So Jacoba being 4 always comes up with things that either make me cringe or make me roll on the floor with laughter. Sunday evening was not exception. We went over to Ryan and Amy's to watch the premier of 24. Great night, with great friends! On the way home was when the magic happened. A little background:

We were driving down Inkster towards Sibley heading home. As we came closer to Sibley you could see flashing lights up ahead. I of course was keeping my mouth shut because Jason must no something I don't! As we pass by Pennsylvania, I finally ask, why did you not turn there, we are not getting through up ahead. Of course, Jason is convinced he can get through! So needless to say we get to the corner and there are 6 cop cars, a car in the intersection, three large fire trucks and 2 or 3 ambulances. So, yeah we could not get through. We had to turn around and go back to Pennsylvania to get home. As we turn around Jacoba says Mommy, just say to the police, excuse me and they will let us through. I try not to laugh as I try to explain to a 4 year old that there is an accident and they won't let us through. She says back to me, well if you are polite when you say excuse me, they would let you through! There was no changing her mind. She was convinced if we just said excuse me, we would get through! Priceless is all I can say!

1 comment:

My Kids Mom said...

I love my girl! She cracks me up!