Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Open and honest

This past week in my bible study we were learning about pitfalls that get in the way of Christian women delighting in serving God and making that service feel more like a duty! I will admit that 90% of the time I delight in serving my Lord. I love to sing, I love the opportunity to work with my husband in the sound booth and I am so excited to work along side the ladies of the L.I.G.H.T. ministry. I have been blessed beyond words. During our study Tammie Head taught us a new way to look at Satan. She had a GPS that had a female voice that sounded Australian. Her and her husband lovingly named her Sheila. While on a trip to LA, Sheila steered them wrong quite a few times. Well, her GPS became our visual on how we allow Satan to steer us wrong. So, she taught us all to name him Sheila and work towards overcoming our Sheila's. Each of us wrote down a Sheila that has been plaguing us and shared that card with another lady in the study, so that they can pray over our Sheila with us. What a blessing it is to have others praying for your weak spots. This past weekend was such a blessing. Jason and I were able to be a part of the Inside/Out weekend at church. We had 5 boys and their mentor in our home for the whole weekend. Honestly, I pray that my children are as faithful to God as these young men are when they are the same age! I was on such a high all weekend. Unfortunately, my weekend did not end as high. Sheila stepped in and I allowed her to steal my joy! I prayed over the situation, but in my weakness, I allowed Sheila to kick me down. Needless to say, I have done a lot of praying since Sunday and I feel much better now, but I felt like such a failure for a few days because I allowed Satan to steal my joy! He knew I was weak and he walked all over me. I know my God stands right next to me in everything I do, but every now and than there are people that Satan uses to knock us down. I look forward to learning more tools through my bible study over the next few weeks to hopefully have fewer days like Sunday!

No comments: