Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Exhausted

Ok, so it is only Tuesday and I already feel wiped out from the week.

Saturday was a busy day of praise team practice, kids Christmas Party at church. Jason and I worked on the set while the kids had their party. Then we had a fun evening with friends before returning home at about 10:00. The roads were a mess, so it took us a lot longer to get home. We also came to the realization that Chelsea does not pay attention to her surroundings when she is in the car. When leaving Matt and Beth's she told us she had never been in that area before. She had never been to their house, but she had been on West Road a lot since we moved down here since Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart and Kroger are all on the road! Trust me the weather was not that bad to prevent a person from recognizing landmarks they pass hundreds of times! It was a good laugh for Jason and I!

Sunday was church as usual and working more on the set. We ended up going out to dinner afterwards, so it was nearly 10:30 when we finally got home.

Last night I was up at the church until nearly 10:00 working on the set and cleaning up after all the work was completed. Ryan was having a pastor's meeting at church and wanted to show off the set from his last series.

So tonight I look forward to a night off. When I get home from work I am just going to crash on the couch with Jacoba for a little while and enjoy not having to run out. I have to decorate the tree, but with Jacoba's help we should get that done pretty quickly. I also am in desperate need of doing laundry! Being at church all weekend prevented me from my usual weekend routine of doing laundry. The mounds in the basement are embarrassing! Other than those two things, I am going to take it easy tonight.

At some point in time, I will get my cards done, but that will probably have to wait until next week. I also need to wrap gifts for 6 kids prior to Sunday morning and get my budget ready for church, but I don't know if those will happen tonight. If not tonight, they have to be done Thursday, my only other free night this week.

Jacoba has been such a trooper over the last few days, but I can tell it is wearing on her. Last night I ran to Sam's Club to get gas before I went to church and from our house to Sam's club Jacoba managed to fall asleep. That tells me that little girl is one tired out little girl! She will appreciate a restful evening tonight as well.

No comments: