Thursday, December 11, 2008

Frustrated

Ok, so I know that I am slightly biased as my husband works for Ford, but I am beyond frustrated with the Southern Senators that are completely opposed to giving a LOAN to the domestic auto industry! They did not even think twice about bailing out the financial sector and they are beating the auto industry up just to get a LOAN! The bail out of the financial sector was a gift, not a loan and it was so easy for them. The Loan that the domestic auto industry is requesting is as if they are taking money away from the senators' themselves.

I do not disagree with the fact that UAW works should pay a portion of their health care like every other person. I have always wondered why the workers always thought it would be so horrible if they had to help pay for the insurance. If they worked in any other industry, they would have to.

At the same time, the senators want the UAW workers to take a huge pay cut and pay for health insurance. My response to this, is well I hope they like my house, because if Jason takes a pay cut like what has been suggested and has to pay for health insurance we will lose our house faster than those that are slipping into foreclosure due to ARM mortgages adjusting. We pay our bills each month and have a little leftover at the end of the month. But we do not have enough luxuries to give up in addition to the little left over to cover our necessity bills if Jason were to have his pay cut in half. Just like everyone else that makes an honest living, our mortgage is based on our income that we currently make. To suggest that it is no big deal to force the auto workers to take huge pay cuts is ridiculous. To me it suggest that those senators think that the UAW workers and their families don't matter. So what if they will lose their house, they make too much money and don't deserve it anyways! Well, Jason and I have worked very hard for our house and thank God for the blessing of having a home to call our own. If those senators have anything to say about it, that blessing will be ripped away from us and there is nothing we can do about it!

Ok, so I will step-off my soap box now. Just had to vent, because this is just taking too long for LOAN!!!!

No comments: