Friday, October 24, 2008

BUSY WEEKEND AHEAD!

We have a very busy weekend ahead. Matthew's birthday party is Saturday. Tonight I have to get Chelsea and Matthew and than I have to frost Matthew's cake, he wanted spiderman again! Than I have to make the Macaroni and Cheese salad, per Matthew's request! He wanted Macaroni and Cheese and Hot Dogs for his birthday dinner, so we agreed to disagree and I opted for the macaroni and cheese salad. It is cold and has veggies, so makes a little more healthful than just straight mac and cheese. He is getting the hot dogs as well, just not exactly as he was wanting them. He wanted Mac and Cheese with hot dogs in it! Good for a quick run out the door dinner, but ideal for party food. Plus it is not one of my favs. I know, this day is supposed to be about him, but it I won't eat the food, it is not a good day! Saturday we will get up and enjoy a little quiet time before the guest arrive. My mom and step-dad are driving over from Grand Rapids with my niece and nephew and my dad, step-mom and little brother are driving down from Flint to share in Matthew's day! The party is from 3 to whenever, but since my mom and step dad are making such a drive, they will be over early. I am sure Matthew will have a great day! Mom, Kevin and my niece and nephew will stay the night, it is too long of a drive to make it twice in one day! We usually stay the night when we drive out there as well. Sunday will be its fun craziness as always. We arrive at church around 8:45 to prep for service. Praise team practice starts at 9:15 and service at 10:30. Services usually gets over around 12:00 and we usually get home between 12:30 and 1:00. Mom and Kevin and their bunch will go to church with us and will probably head home after church. Home for a couple of hours and back by 3:45 to prep for Junior Praise practice and Christmas Musical Practice. We are in full swing with the musical and things are coming along great! We are truly blessed with a great bunch of kids. No rest for the weary! God's work must be done and as lame as that sounds, the kids musical touches so many lives! This is the kids' ministry to the world and many of them look at it as a privilege to lead people to Christ! God is Good All the TIME!!!!!!

No comments: