Friday, October 17, 2008

Lesson never learned!

So, yesterday was Bosses Day and every year we, the secretaries and I, make a lunch for all the attorneys. This year I volunteered to make the dessert! No big deal right! Well there are 11 of us that will participate in the luncheon, so that requires 2 pies since a standard cut of pie only gives off 8 pieces. Anyways, I had planned to go pick up a few things on Wednesday evening so that I could make one pie Wednesday night and than do my big grocery shop on Thursday and make the other pie after shopping. Again, no big deal. Well Wednesday night I came home from work just wiped out and decided that I should just hang out with Jacoba and just go shopping once and bake once. Well the plan sounded good Wednesday, not so much Thursday. Jacoba has dance from 6:15 to 6:45. This week happens to be my late week at work, which means I don't get out of work until 5:30. So I left work at 5:30, met Jason and Jacoba at the dance studio for dance. Left there and got gas in my truck. I was close to Sam's club and there gas prices are better than most. Then I went to the grocery store. I did not get home until about 8:30, then I need to put all the groceries away. So finally at 9:15 I was getting my chance to eat dinner. Although you would have thought I was killing Jacoba because she could not even allow me to warm up my dinner before she had to have snack because she was starving! We have to break her of the habit of eating because someone else is eating! Anyways, it was 10:00 before I started on the pies. While one was baking I assembled the other, so I was productive, but it was 1:00 before the pies were done! Needless to say I am dog tired right now!

What is the lesson we should learn from this, but that we probably will never learn, Procrastination never pays!

No comments: