Friday, October 10, 2008

TV - I truly am lame!

I think Jason and I are addicted to television this season. It seems like there is not a single night of the week that we do not have something dvr'd. How sad is it when you run home to find out what has recorded. How lame am I that I am thank for dvr, because having a 4 year old in the house means I don't get to sit down many nights when the shows I like are actually on and watch them. God forbid I miss anything! What a vice TV has become. Its pretty sad when two grown adults sit with the remote and boo hoo over the fact that we have too many shows on Tuesday to dvr everything we like! Sad Sad times.

This season does have some pretty good shows. I will admit, I am somewhat of a reality show junky. I like dancing with the stars and America's next top model and American Idol when it comes out in January. None of which have any real value to them, other than watching petty drama! Yup, I am officially lame!

This is how our week works out:

Monday - Dancing with the Stars and CSI: Miami
Tuesday - House, Fringe, Knight Rider, Dancing with the Stars Elimination show, Without a Trace
Wednesday - America's Next Top Model
Thursday - CSI and Eleventh Hour
Sunday - Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

With all the things in life to accomplish in a week. TV always seems to find its way in. I guess the biggest problem is that it is easier to be lazy and say I will get something done tomorrow, than to just get it done now! TV helps in that way too much. Although I have to admit, last night I could careless what was on tv. I was very engrossed in the end of my Thomas Kinkaid novel and wanted to finish it. Now that is a vice I can truly give into! Too bad my four year old thinks my novels are not good reading and that her books are the only thing I should read. Someday she will appreciate something other than a picture book. I have to be thankful she loves reading!

No comments: