Friday, October 10, 2008

Stealing from a friend (Beth's out of the mouth's of babe's)

Ok, so Beth got me thinking about the things that Jacoba has said over the last couple of years. I swear that child has a lazy tongue. Not that I think she needs speech therapy or anything, but there are days that I know she can say a word, but she just screws it up.

For instance:

As many of you at church know, Jacoba calls Victor, Mr. Bigfur! She can say Victor, when you go through it slowly with her, but the minute she throws in the Mr. it comes out Mr. Bigfur. Well last night after dance we had another one of those weird word moments. As we walked to my truck, Jacoba asked if she could have a Dora lopsicle. I had her repeat what she said and sure enough, she said Dora lopsicle. I asked her if she meant popsicle and she said popsicle right after me like it was no big deal. As soon as we got in the house, she said lopsicle again. She has the ability to say the words, but when she is in a hurry, she manages to mangle words with the best of them.

It is so true, that kids say the darnedest things!

1 comment:

My Kids Mom said...

I love her! Mr. Bigfur is an awesome name!! Max calls miss Dufor, Miss Dooffer - which sounds exactly like it looks! Steal ideas any time! I steal mine all the time!