Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Feeling Led!

I just thought I would share that right now in this "trial" of my life, I feel more led by God than every before. Yes, I am looking for a job, even though there really are no jobs to be had. At the same time, I feel led to stay home for a while with Jacoba. Get her prepped for Kindergarten, but mainly just so I can spend some quality time with her. It sure feels like God is helping me to make the choice of being home and taking care of my family.

I feel blessed to have the opportunity to have some time home with my family and I have to say that God knows me so well. My end day has been moved forward to January 30th rather than February 27th. It has been a struggle each day going to work. Knowing that I am no longer employed here, makes it hard to focus on the training of another person to do my job. I just find it ironic that I can do all the jobs in the office and I am being let go, yet I am the only one that knows how to do my job, so I have to train people to take over my work so that they can let me go. Makes me think a little age discrimination is going on, but I have to say as much as it irritates me to train someone to take over my job, I am truly blessed by my heavenly father to have the time with family. The only reason I say the whole age thing is that I am 28, 29 on the 31st of this month and I am 20 years younger and 30 years younger than the other secretaries. I guess they think it will be easier for me to get job than either of them. At the same time, I have a degree, which neither of them do and I have a lot more skills when it comes to technology. I guess the thought that I am a little more marketable should boast my ego, but every day when I look at jobs on careerbuilder and monster.com and all the sites, my brain comes back to what is best for my family and right now, there just doesn't seem to be anything better than me right at home taking care of my family.

Thank you Lord for this blessed time with my family! I hope to learn and grow and be just what you want me to be! I look forward to having this time and growing in you as well as with my family!

No comments: