Saturday, January 24, 2009

UPDATE to Random

Yup, it was a strange cake party to say the least. Everyone ask the other lady what her plans for her special day were and how old she was going to be. They actually went the opposite direction than I was thinking. They ignored me. No one asked about my day or how old I am going to be. I have to say that I was thankful. I really don't like being the center of attention and this time I just got to sit back and eat my cake and just enjoy the day.

I have to say that I made everyone sad though. I packed up my pictures from my desk and have officially emptied my desk of any personal affects. I also made my office manager sad because I asked her if I need to clear out any supplies that are currently in my desk or if I should leave them for future use. She looked very sad and said that I can leave them.

Thursday and Friday were interesting days. Both days task came up for the other secretaries that I usually do. Each time, they had to ask me how to do them. I finally came to the conclusion that the really is only one reason that I was let go verses one of the other ladies. My age. I could step into either of their jobs and do it without a problem, but there are many task that I do that I have to train them to do. I just hope that after next week that I don't start getting phone calls from them asking me how to do things. LOL, should I say my contract fee is way more expensive than had they kept me! Nah, I am looking forward to being home with Jacoba and Jason. His new schedule starts the first week of February and that meant that we were going to see each other only on the weekends, so it is totally a blessing to be home. God will show us the way to keep this going. Sacrifices will be made, but this is a gift to me and my family that we have wanted, but were convinced we could not do. Money is such a vicious evil that makes us think that we cannot do so many things. If God wants me to stay home, he will show us the way.

I just feel so blessed to have this chance and time to be home! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!

No comments: